Now that you’ve decided that it’s time to take action to improve your website, it’s time to see if any user experience upgrades could help. Take a look through our list of issues below, and the tips to help resolve them.
Having a hard time converting leads or getting sales?
If you’re not sure why you’re not generating business from your website, it’s time to get serious about strategy and subsequent user experience upgrades. Here’s how:
- Add a survey to your website to understand what users are looking for
- Take a look at your analytics to understand where you are losing your users. If you don’t have analytics installed, get either Google Analytics or Tag Manager set up on your site.
- Try an online user testing platform like Hotjar to help you go beyond standard analytics with heatmaps, visitor recordings, conversion funnels and more.
Complete a User Experience & Conversion Optimization Audit with Kanopi Studios. We can make a whole range of insightful recommendations within your budget. Contact us to learn more.
Does your site take forever to load?
If it takes longer than three seconds, you have a problem.
- Use Google PageSpeed or Pingdom to test your site’s speed, understand what might be slowing it down and take action to resolve any issues.
- Make sure you have a reliable hosting company backing your site at the right level for the amount of traffic you receive.
Does your site work on mobile? Is it accessible?
It’s vital to make sure your site is accessible to everyone, no matter what device or screen size they are using. Here’s how to check:
- Try using your site on a phone or a tablet. If you have to pinch or zoom to interact with the content, it’s time for a responsive design.
- Make sure you can tab through all navigation and content on your site using only your keyboard, that all images have alt tags, and that you are able to use a voice browser to “read” your pages out loud. If not, you are missing key elements of accessibility.
- Contact Kanopi Studios about an accessibility audit. We can help you identify the issues and build a plan for how to resolve them.
Is it frustrating – or impossible – to update content on your site?
If it’s a major undertaking to change even the simplest thing, something needs to happen.
- Define your ideal workflow, then ask an expert to take a look and see how you can optimize the backend.
- Consider the types of content that your site needs to support. Do you have templates in place that meet your needs? If not, it may be time to consider a bit of design and development time to build additional page types on your site.
Getting negative user feedback?
If the people visiting your site are taking the time to complain, chances are they might also take the time to help you make things better. Here’s how:
- Collect feedback by sending out a survey, or document your customer service calls.
- Always thank people for taking the time to help you improve.
- Look for trends in the information you are receiving from users and build a plan to address any issues to help meet their needs
If none of the issues above apply, congratulations! Your user experience is likely more solid than many of the websites out there! But there are still more things to consider before committing to rebuilding your site. In our next post, we will walk you through a number of common technical issues and some helpful fixes for them.